How do I install the Platinum Hanging Kit?
Install Right-Side-Up Ideally
The Platinum Mid and Large tables can be installed in the right-side-up position or the upside-down position. Either position will work for small weights, but the table was designed to be installed in the right-side-up position. In the right-side-up position the bearings can carry a lot more weight and that is why it is the recommended installation.
Step-by-step guide to installing riser kit for the Iconasys Platinum MID, LRG and XL 360 Product Photography Turntables right-side-up
If you have purchased the hanging kit from Iconasys, please follow the instructions shown below to hang your Platinum Large or XL turntable in right-side-up position:
- Install the rack with at least two shelves, for stability. The bottom shelf should be installed normally, right-side-up, but the top shelf should be installed upside-down as shown:
- This will give more clearance for the table, once we install the hanging arms.
- Center the turntable's center stem as center as possible, on the top rack and remove the small rubber feet. You may also have to twist the table in order to place the stem as center as possible.
- Insert the long pin through the two long metal arms, through the plastic spacer and screw it into the center stem, as shown
- Install the hanging bolts into the two white arms. Installation of the screws can be done all the way through the metal bars or halfway through. The half way through option will give you more clearance from the shelf:
- Optionally, you may bold down the feet to the shelf:
- You are now complete. Enjoy the turntable.
Step-by-step guide to installing the Platinum Large and XL turntables upside-down
If you have purchased the hanging kit from Iconasys, please follow the instructions shown below to hang your Platinum medium or large table in an upside-down position:
- Install the kit as given in the installation manual. With two shelves installed, the setup for an upside down installation will look roughly as shown below:
- Turn the table upside down, unscrew the rubber feet.
- Center the table it on the rack, while holding it upside down and then bolt back the feet
- If the top is not mounted, you can now mount the top and the hanging pins: