|Here is a list of things to keep in mind:|
- Please make sure that the table is mounted on a flat surface and that the feet are all flush against the flat surface. If one of the support feet is not flush against the support surface, then please move the table so that they are. A non flush support would mean a twist in the table and because the table is made of plastic, that twist could cause enough additional friction where the stutter will be introduced.
- As a followup to this idea, please make sure that the table sits flush against a solid surface and not one covered by a cloth. Wrinkles in the cloth could cause stutter issues. Best surface would be hard wood, glass or any solid counter-top.
- The turntables are made of plastic and they are supported by a large, solid plastic bearing that is lubricated internally.
- If the table is left out in the cold, the plastic will shrink and the lubricant will become more viscous, sometimes causing additional friction in the table bearing.
- The additional friction can cause the motor to stutter, especially when the table is loaded with a heavier object, which further amplifies the frictional forces.
- The solution is to let the turntable reach room temperature before trying it again.
- Iconasys recommends that the turntable is run at room temperature, between 68 degrees F and 80 degree F – please allow the table to reach room temperature at least 12 hours.
- If the table continues to stutter at room temperature, please contact the Iconasys support team.
- Before contacting the support team, please also test the table stutter with a 10Lb weight and without. Does the stutter behave any differently?