It seems Hyper-V on the PC needs to be deactivated for the Sony to connect over its own WiFi remote app. Steps needed:
- Go to Start Menu on Windows PC.
- Click Settings or Control Panel.
- Select Turn Windows Features on or off.
- Expand Hyper-V, expand Hyper-V Platform, clear the Hyper-V Hypervisor checkbox.
- Click OK. Try again our software.
Imaging Edge app is replacing Sony Play Memories.
Before attempting to connect your Sony camera to ShutterStream, please make sure that your camera connect to Sony's "Play Memories" (or Imaging Edge) mobile application. If Play Memories (or Imaging Edge) does not connect to your camera, then Shutter Stream will not either. In the case you cannot connect via Sony's mobile Play Memories (or Imaging Edge) application, you will need to contact Sony's technical support and obtain help on connecting the Sony camera to Play Memories (or Imaging Edge):
- Android connection video: http://support.d-imaging.sony.co.jp/www/disoft/int/playmemories-mobile/en/operation/sync_and.html
- iPhone connection video: http://support.d-imaging.sony.co.jp/www/disoft/int/playmemories-mobile/en/operation/sync_ios.htm
Reset Sony Connection
In version 4.0, if you've ever connected to a Sony camera, that camera's connection settings are saved in ShutterStream.ini. In order to connect to a new Sony camera, or a camera where the IP settings might have changed, you'll have to remove the Sony section from the INI file. The INI file is found here:
Mac: /Users/<USERNAME>/Library/Application Support/ShutterStream/ShutterStream.ini
Set up the connection:
Sony information on how to enable the wireless connection: Sony Camera Support
- Turn on your camera and go to your Menu Settings and navigate to Application List:
2. Click on the Application list and click on 'Start Remote Embedded' (also can be called 'Smart Remote Control')
3. Now a Wireless connection details should appear
4. You will use the given password from Step 3 to connect the Sony camera to your PC
5. After inserting the correct password from your Sony camera with success it should look like this:
Please note, your computer will have to be connected directly to your Sony camera, not both connected to your wireless router.
6. Final step. Enter ShutterStream and be patient because it needs to find your Sony camera inside the wireless network. This will happen only the first time you connect to your camera
Now you are successfully connected to your Sony camera and ready to take photos.
Update your Sony camera with the latest firmware:
- Go to https://esupport.sony.com/US/p/select-system.pl? and select your camera model with the version number (Ex: ILCE-7) and press 'Go':
2. After you select your camera model it should take you to the official downloads page of your camera model. Check if you have the latest firmware installed and install using the 'Download Instructions' blue button:
3. If you have followed the step-by-step download instructions tutorial, now you should have the latest firmware installed on your Sony camera
Update Smart Remote Control application:
2. Click on 'Verify whether the application is compatible with your camera'. Please consider the fact that you need to connect your Sony camera first to your computer/laptop using a USB cable
3. Click on 'Verify Connection'. After the connection between your camera and computer is successful, it should redirect you to the log-in page. Insert your credentials (email and password) and then the update process will start
Alternatively you can update directly form your Sony camera connecting to Wi-Fi:
- Go to your camera Menu > select the Wifi menu tab and click on the Access Point Set. Here you select your personal wifi access point
- After you connected to your wifi, go to Menu -> ApplicationList menu tab and select PlayMemories Camera Apps. Here is a list of applications provided by Sony
- Find the Smart Remote Control application and click the Update button. You will be prompted to the Sony's login page -> Insert your credentials and then update your application.