Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

If I'd like to extend USB cable for camera or turntable, without a powered USB port hub.

Step-by-step guide

This USB extension cord includes an active repeater and works well to extend length of camera or turntable USB Cord, for about $10, TECHTOO USB 2.0 Extension Cable 16 FT USB Active Repeater Cord Type A Male to A Female with Built-in Signal Booster Chips:

For Mac, with USB-C ports, when using the original USB cable, you'll need an USB-C to USB adapter:

So, you do need the USBC to USB converter, yes. Maybe consider adding a powered USB-2 Hub.

This is a cable that we've tested and we know it works.